Thursday, November 10, 2016

[Must Read] Why I marked one year anniversary on the throne in low key (Oluwo of Iwoland)

Why I mark one year anniversary in low key -Oluwo


The Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi yesterday said he refused to celebrate his one year on the throne in a flamboyant way because he has not fulfilled his plans to transform the ancient town and make life better for Iwo indigenes.

Oba Akanbi told our correspondent that he marked his one year on the throne with a special prayer in his palace in Iwo.  

The monarch said he was not ready to celebrate until Iwo attained the enviable heights he aspired and the youths of Iwo were gainfully employed.

“I decided to mark this one year on the throne on a very low key because I have not fulfilled my plans in my town. I cannot begin to celebrate when large numbers of our youths are unemployed”.

“I will start celebrating when we succeed in our plans to transform Iwo and the people are happy. I can only celebrate when we take Iwo to greater heights in terms of development and better life.”

  Oluwo said the special prayer held at the palace in commemoration of enthronement was organised to thank God for His grace on Iwo and further seek His help in moving Iwo forward.

“I have reason to thank God for His grace on my life and my people. I thank God for the peace and tranquillity in Iwoland. God has been good to us. However, we are not celebrating yet because we have not attained our desired heights”, Oluwo said

Meanwhile, the leader of Oodua People's Congress Otunba Gani Adams visited the Oluwo in his palace to felicitate with him on the one year anniversary.

Kabiyesi ooooooooo, igba ọdún, ọdún kan ni ó

No comments:
Write comments